When the snow starts to fall, on one hand, it makes everything look very beautiful. On the other hand, though, it is extremely inconvenient. Especially if you are a car owner. With every fresh layer, you need to clear your car and drive, which can make your daily life that little bit harder and more time-consuming.
However, snow is more than merely a simple inconvenience, it can actually cause severe damage to your car.
Therefore, it is important to clear it as soon as you possibly can. In the following guide, we are going to look at the best way to do this. First, though, we want to look at just what kind of damage snow can cause.
What is the Impact of Snow in Winter on the Car?
During winter, your car is put under lots of stresses and strains that it doesn’t need to deal with during other times of the year. Some of the biggest problems snow and ice can cause for your car are outlined below:
- Snow and ice can freeze up the windows, the windscreen cleaner spray holes, wipers are various other parts and components on the exterior of the car or where there is no covering
- Snow can affect the lights
- Snow and ice do not just contain water, there are often corrosive substances inside it that can cause damage to the windows or metallic surfaces of your car.
The bottom line is that snow and ice especially if it is not cleared up can cause higher maintenance costs.
Consequences of No Clearing Snow?
As snow and ice eventually clear up by themselves, if you don’t need to use your car or are not in a hurry to go out and clear it, you may think it will be okay. However, there are many consequences you need to be aware of.
- If you don’t fully clear the snow from your car, it could greatly impact your visibility while you drive. Even if you have cleared the windshield and other windows, but not the roof, the snow could fall down so that you don’t have a clear view of the road ahead, to the side, or behind you.
- There are some states where you are legally obliged to clear the snow from your car before you drive it on the road.
Basically, if you are still wondering if snow is bad for your car, yes, it is, and you should do all you can to quickly clear it from your car as soon as it starts to lay on it.
Common Ways to Clear Snow
Fortunately, if you are wondering how to remove snow from the car, there are a lot of methods out there that people have been using for many decades. If you are unsure which is best for you or how to approach it, we are going to look at the most common methods, looking at the advantages and disadvantages of each.
One of the simplest, preventative methods for keeping your car free from snow during the winter months is a car cover. Now, obviously, this only works if you place the cover over your vehicle before the snow starts to fall, but it is a great way to tackle the problem before it actually arises.
- Car covers tend to offer poor sealing performance and are made of relatively thin material which is less effective in heavy snow
- Car covers cannot prevent your windshield from icing up
- Car covers are cumbersome and hard to manage on your own
2.Chemical Snow Melting Agent
Another common option many use when faced with the problem of how to clean snow from the car, is a chemical snow melting agent. Although you need to follow the instructions included in the packaging, it very much works the way you’d imagine. You apply it to the surface of the car and the chemicals break down the snow, so it just melts away
- A clean way to clear the snow from your car
- Relatively easy to do and does not involve strenuous activity
- The biggest downside to using a chemical snow melting agent is that it could damage your car
Finally, the last solution to the problem of how to remove snow from a car that we want to discuss is using a snow brush. Although it involves some manual work, there are usually designed to make it easy to clear the snow from your car with little to no effort.
- Snow brushes generally will not damage your car
- Snow brushes are a quick and easy way to remove snow from your car
- The main issue when buying a snow brush is that you need to make sure you avoid one with bristles that are too stiff and rough, as they could damage the paintwork or scratch the windows.
On the subject of snow brushes, if you are wondering where to buy a snow brush for your car that will help make the task at hand easy without ruining your car, we want to introduce you to our exclusive new product.
The first thing it is worth noting about our snow brush is that it is very soft and will not scratch up your car. As it offers 5-in-1 functionality, you will be able to remove the snow, defrost the ice shovel at the ice and remove all excess water and clear the surfaces with this one product. Covered by a full 1-year warranty, our product comes with an extendable pole and all the accessories and cleaning apparatus you need in one handy and compact tool.
When you are done with it, you can store it away easily without it taking up too much space at all.
So, do you want to protect your car this winter?
Use our great new snow brush. It is available now for a very competitively low price!